[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Raxan Framework Online Forum • View topic - Question about this community board.

Question about this community board.

Discuss anything that's related to the Raxan framework

Question about this community board.

Postby cnoevil » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:43 pm

Nothing major, but I guess this question is directed to xwisdom as the owner of this site. I'm wondering why the back button on my browser is working the way that it does. I'm using IE7 on winXP pro and backing out of a page always takes 2 clicks of the back button anywhere I navigate in the forum and the browser is unable to back out of the forum into the main body of the site. There is a link to the main body of the site in the drop down menu and I can go there by explicitly opening the menu and clicking it, but otherwise it ends at the main page of the forum.
This is not a real problem for me and doesn't interfere with the usability of this site, rather, I'm just wondering what causes this effect and if it is addressable? (eliminability) I ask this because it's a potential design issue that I have seen on a few occasions elsewhere. It only happens in the forum and the rest of the site operates as expected and appears attractive and professional. I just question this for my own personal knowledge.

Also, thank you for all the work you've done in putting this framework out here. I had been in the process of trying to get my head around all the constituent components that power this framework and trying to understand how to make them blend together in a coherent fashion. I've pulled through a number of open source projects done with php,mysql, javascript, css and html and found for the most part a jumble of scripts hacked together and I just knew there was a better way. Of course there's always JSP and ASP, but I was thinking the same thing could be done just as elegantly using the features that generally come packaged with most any web hosting service.

Thanks,
Mark
cnoevil

Re: Question about this community board.

Postby raymond » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:03 pm

raymond
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions