[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Raxan Framework Online Forum • View topic - CSS architecture and Raxan

CSS architecture and Raxan

Share your Raxan CSS themes with the community

CSS architecture and Raxan

Postby cajazzer » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:02 am

I was wondering if others could share their design strategies for how to organize stylesheets when using Raxan. I am using the Raxanpdi website as a guide and I have the following:

raxan/ui/css/master.css - structural classes

raxan/ui/css/master.ie.css - structural classes for IE browsers

raxan/ui/css/default/theme.css - location for deploying a theme

raxan/ui/css/main/theme.css - more theme stuff ???

raxan/ui/widgets/widget1.css - implementing custom widgets with styles (perhaps these should be added to theme.css)
raxan/ui/widgets/widget2.css

thanks
cajazzer

Re: CSS architecture and Raxan

Postby raymond » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:39 am

Hi,

I'm using the same layout for some of my personal projects.

The raxan/ui/ folder is the default location to add your custom css themes and other files but you could customize your application to use the following folder structure:

app/plugins/plugin1.php
app/widgets/widget1.php
app/views/css/main/theme.css - Main theme
app/views/javascripts/
raymond
Site Admin

Postby fc_Damir » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:31 am

Hi,

I also try organize raxan css files and at the end I use this structure:

raxan/ui/css/
in this folder I put all css files.

first in order is master.css and master.ie.css to load.

then I have themes folders.

For example I have the default style folder default/

For widget I try use always the raxan predefined class using only the css of raxan.
For widgets that use other css files I create another folder in raxan/ui/css
for example blog/
where I store all css of widgets of blog.

Then is simple load css from widget just with $this->page->loadTheme("blog");

Also I create theme folder for different device like:

mobile/
ipad/
desktop/

this theme is used by detect device plugin that load right theme when
detect the device.

I don't put css files into widgets/ folder, only widget class.
If your widget use image you can put this into images/ of theme folder

This is then simple to update and integrate into another raxan installation.
By taken only theme folder and widget or better only widget if this use
only raxan css class into html.

I hope this can help you how help me!

Best regards,

Damir
fc_Damir

Postby maggiee » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:17 am

What is the best book or website to learn CSS for beginners? Any advice on the best book or website for a beginner to learn about CSS programming?

Postby fc_Damir » Sun May 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi Maggiee,

for starting you can go here: http://www.w3schools.com/css/

A complete html/css guide is here: http://htmldog.com/

If you like read book, I suggest you to buy the book: http://htmldog.com/book/

Jeffrey Zeldman (http://www.zeldman.com/) are also another guru for css standard.

See also:
http://www.csszengarden.com/
http://www.alistapart.com/topics/code/css/

Best regards
fc_Damir

Return to CSS Themes