[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Raxan Framework Online Forum • View topic - Raxan and Symfony

Raxan and Symfony

Discuss anything that's related to the Raxan framework

Raxan and Symfony

Postby vatanen » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:10 am

Just a quick question to see if anyone has integrated Raxan with Symfony.

I tried last night, managed to load the classes, my own RichWebPages and display them, and also the views, but clicking on any ajax links doesn't seem to work. The form does post back to the correct place when trying a submit button, but it actually reloaded the page, which is not what I'm looking for. Also, the hyperlinks didn't seem to call the defined PHP methods at all. Didn't get time to try more as, being an old man, I fell asleep in my chair, proper Grandpa Simpson moment :)

I will investigate it more tonight, as I really would like to use both.

Also, I would like to say you're doing a good job here, it was fast and easy to use, even for those like me, who can code in many languages, but are baffled to hell by CSS.

Ah, and one more thing, does the future Raxan have any plans for URL rewriting, something like Symfony's routes?

Cheers :)
vatanen

Re: Raxan and Symfony

Postby vatanen » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:21 pm

Ok, got to the bottom of my problem, it mentioned in the error log that "Raxan is not defined". Going to the place in html source showed me:
var _PDI_URL ="/web/frontend_dev.php",h=Raxan;h.include("jquery");html.ready(function() {$bind("#list edit","#click","","","","",true);});

So, obviously, wherever Raxan was defined was missing. As you know, it was defined in the startup.js, which I then moved to Symfony's js folder and included it in the view.yml. Seems Symfony and Raxan do get along, at least in the click event I tried. Haven't tested form submitting, but I have high hopes.

Hope this helps someone else.
vatanen

Re: Raxan and Symfony

Postby raymond » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:49 pm

Hello Vanteen,

Thanks for the feedback.

I've never tried Raxan with Symfony but I think both should work well.

I think the reason why you're experiencing this issue with clicks and post back is because the Raxan path was not defined. To fix this you only need to create a config file with the path to raxan folder. The framework would normally attempt detect the url and path based on the file location. This is done from the startup.js and the richapi.php file.

See "Creating a PDI Configuration File" and "Changing the default Raxan Path" at

As for URL rewriting, there's nothing on the books just yet but I see no reason why it can't be done.
It might be possible to do URL rewriting with the switchboard feature but that's something to think about. If you like you could create a plugin for Raxan to handle the rewrite so that other developers can include it inside there projects.

Thanks a lot and looking forward to hearing more about your Symfony and Raxan mix.

Best regards,
__
Raymond Irving
raymond
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions