[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Raxan Framework Online Forum • View topic - Deploying Raxan with hosting provider

Deploying Raxan with hosting provider

Discuss anything that's related to the Raxan framework

Deploying Raxan with hosting provider

Postby cajazzer » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:46 pm

I had a few challenges when moving my project to a hosting provider and thought I would share the information:

Problems getting PDO working
----------------------------------------
On my server the RaxanPDO connection worked fine connecting to mysql, but when I tried connecting
to the hosting provider's mysql instance I kept getting the error:

SQLSTATE[HY000][2002]Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock'(2)

Solution
----------------------------------------
Remove all spaces in the dsn parameter of the $config['db.default'] array (or other db connection array) in your gateway.config.php

'dsn' => 'mysql: host=localhost; dbname=mysql', (does not work)

'dsn' => 'mysql:host=localhost;dbname=mysql', (does work)

(Googling the error did not help as the error and solution do not seem to have anything to do with each other)
Also, initially my hosting provider tried to tell me my scripts were coded wrong because their example using mysql_connect
worked just fine. I had to explain that I was using something called PDO and not the native mysql_connect function call.
I actually read where one hosting provider said they don't support PDO for mysql because it appeared to be "the old way to
access mysql from PHP". This is simply NOT true. Luckily my provider supports it.

Problem
-----------------------------------------
Fatal error: Raxan::loadWidget() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/mysite/raxan/ui/widgets/myWidget.php'

The widget I was trying to load is called: mywidget.php

Solution
-----------------------------------------
My development environment is on a Windows machine and php filenames are not case sensitive. On most hosting providers,
the server is Linux/Unix and filenames are case sensitive. My bad. So, changing to Raxan::loadWidget('mywidget.php') instead
of Raxan::loadWidget('myWidget.php') fixed it.

Problem
-----------------------------------------------------------
jQuery calls stopped working on pages accessed from folders other than the server root

Solution
------------------------------------------------------------------
Turns out the path to startup.js (for example: ./raxan/startup.js) was not getting set properly in pages in a directory
other than the web root directory. Not good. To fix this, I set the $config['raxan.url'] and $config['raxan.path']
(you need to set both path and url or they will be ignored) to point to the Raxan location.

Hope someone can benefit from this.
cajazzer

Re: Deploying Raxan with hosting provider

Postby raymond » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:03 am

raymond
Site Admin

Postby cajazzer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:55 am

Hi Raymond,

I am using the latest version (1.0 release).

My Raxan.path is: /hermes/web04/b1878/pow.brazosd/htdocs/remotio/raxan/

and is failing on the call:
$url = Raxan::mapSitePathToUrl($pth);
cajazzer

Postby cajazzer » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:58 am

I also created my site on Amazon today and it worked perfectly without having to add the path and url
cajazzer

Postby raymond » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback I'll contact you via PM
raymond
Site Admin

Return to General Discussions